Boom lifts are common pieces of equipment that can make your work at heights simpler. The large boom arm with an extendable basket helps you reach the places you wouldn’t be able to touch with other equipment. At the same time, boom lifts are very safe (if used right of course), but you would need a professional boom lift operator to get the job done. The main advantage of the boom lifts is their versatility.
While other lifting equipment, such as scissor lifts may serve a certain purpose, these aerial lifts are suitable for a variety of jobs.
What can you use boom lifts for?
- Tall tree fruit picking and branch cutting
- Painting, window washing, façade maintenance
- Powerline repair
- Billboard replacement, installation
- Construction projects
The operator has full control of the equipment. The lift can be moved forward and backward while adjusting the arm’s height. The basket’s position can also be changed.
A boom lift is a reliable machine. It has stabilizer legs and safety controls that prevent the equipment from tipping over even if the operator makes a mistake. Such lifts come in several sizes. Smaller equipment can be used to work in hard-to-reach places.
What Type Of Boom Lift Do You Need?
There are two types of aerial lifts, telescoping and articulating.
- If you need to work in a confined area, articulating boom lift is a great choice. They come in small models that can move around in tight spaces.
- If you have to surpass obstacles (i.e. reach up an over something), the articulating models can do the job quickly and effortless.
- If you need to work indoors, you can opt for an articulating boom lift with non-marking tires. If you have to move over a rough terrain, these lifts come in rough-terrain models.
- You need to reach very far at a big height
- You need to work on a very rough terrain with obstacles
- You need to work fast (these lifts can get into a working position quickly).