We continue looking at different types of height-access equipment in order to help you make the right decision.
- Boom Lifts
Boom lifts are more versatile than all the above types because they allow vertical and horizontal movement. They come in telescopic and articulated varieties. These lifts are perfect for reaching over obstacles and bringing the workers to hard-to-reach spots at various sites.
Boom lifts provide excellent maneuverability. So if your project involves maneuvering around objects, they are a good choice. They reach up to 130 feet. For comparison, the majority of scissor lifts have a maximum reach of 50 feet.
The downsides of using boom lifts include small platforms, which can hold only a few workers, and high costs.
Choosing The Right Equipment
When choosing the best equipment for your project, you need to consider the following parameters:
- The height of the job– big heights narrow down your choice substantially.
- How much equipment you need– not all methods allow bringing heavy equipment.
- What type of ground you will work on– the evenness of the terrain can be a deciding factor in the choice of equipment.
- Are there any obstacles– if you need to maneuver around and over obstacles, you can easily choose the right equipment.
- The available space– your choice depends on how much space you can use for the equipment
- Required training– some equipment requires special training in order to be operated properly. Meanwhile, workers should have special training for working at heights in order to take advantage of some of the equipment.
While you are considering all of the above factors, you need to think about quality and safety. Outdated and malfunctioning equipment can result in traumas and deaths.
Another factor to consider is the budget. Purchasing height-access equipment is often a costly endeavor, which many businesses can’t handle. In order to cut costs, you may want to consider height-access equipment rental. At Alpha Platforms, we have a variety of equipment for numerous purposes. Our experts are always ready to offer extensive consultations on which equipment suits your project the best.