Your company in Hartford, Connecticut, needs to decide between buying or renting an aerial work platform or simply looking for a reliable provider of boom lifts that can boast of a substantial history in the height access industry? Do not worry, if you read this publication, it means you have found what you need. We will help you weigh up the pros and cons of both decisions and choose the best for your business at the current stage of its development.
Will your company benefit from buying an aerial work platform?
The main factor you should focus on is the time you expect to use an AWP. If you need height access equipment only once or twice a year, you will hardly benefit from purchasing a boom lift. Such decision may even destroy a small business because such buying requires many investments.
Consider buying an aerial work platform if you need this type of equipment all year round. Almost weekly or daily. Using a boom lift for just several days or weeks with a long idling period after cannot be a solid reason for buying such expensive machines either. Engage an analyst to find out that rental of an AWP will be able to save your business around 10-15%.
Even taking into account the range of prices on different types of height access equipment, using AWP irregularly, you won’t contribute to the success of your company by buying aerial work platforms.
When renting is the best solution
Renting a truck-mounted boom lift has a number of obvious advantages:
- When you rent a boom lift, you do not bear any expenses related to maintenance or repair of expensive AWP. Although, when you use boom lifts in extreme conditions for a prolonged period of time, such costs may be included in the final invoice. It’s very convenient and comfortable to know that any malfunction or breakdown of a huge machine is not your financial problem. You simply ask provider to replace it with another boom lift with similar capabilities and as soon as you get it, you resume operation on site.
- When you rent an aerial boom lift, you give yourself a great opportunity to assess a certain machine in action before you buy your own AWP. It is recommended to test and try several models of truck-mounted boom lifts to have an insight into different capabilities of these machines and to find a perfect fit for your business. Renting allows you to return the machine back any time you wish in order to get another one, more efficient for your project – for instance, the one appropriate for rough terrain.
- You have more freedom to assign your operators to different tasks and working areas, when you rent boom lifts. It also gives extra time to the best and most valued employees of your company.
- It is an undeniable fact that aerial work platforms offered for rental are used more frequently and therefore replaced more often than purchased by businesses for their own purposes. These machines are more technologically advanced even if not super hi-tech. And many of them can be used at affordable prices in Hartford, Connecticut.
- AWP rental services allow companies to use costly equipment they would not be able to buy from their own budget. It brings their own results to another level and gains more respect among clients, contributing to the positive image of a company.
What disadvantages does AWP renting have?
- When you rent an AWP in a certain city or settlement, you are limited to the local stock of AWP. As for Hartford, Connecticut, you can find a perfect fleet of truck-mounted boom lifts in this city today, offered by one of the most reputable in America provider that came from New York – Alpha Platforms company. Find out about your brilliant opportunities with Alpha Platform asap.
- Sometimes a renter needs to wait for another certain boom lift aimed to replace the broken machine.
This way or another, you need to do certain analytics to make a proper decision on buying/renting an aerial work platform for your company. But in most cases, it becomes obvious even without digging too deep. If you conclude that renting a boom lift in Hartford is the best solution for your project, let us know about it, and we will help you get the workhouse best suited for your tasks. It is not so difficult to choose a boom lift among many options when assisted by professionals of Alpha Platforms. Let us guide you through the height access equipment free of charge and provide you with the most suitable lift in Hartford.
By the way, Alpha Platforms is that very provider of boom lifts that has managed to become a part of SpaceX Starship Launch Facility project! Our ambitions and plans break the borders and fly up to other planets! And this is super exciting! Will you join us aboard?